Welcome to Gunnedah Veterinary Hospital
The Gunnedah Veterinary Hospital has been servicing the Gunnedah community for more than fifty years. We operate from purpose-built premises, conveniently located at 14-16 Barber Street in Gunnedah, to continue providing the best possible care for our clients and patients.
We treat all types of animals from livestock and horses to cats and dogs as well as exotics and various types of wildlife. Our hospital boasts separate dog and cat wards and have two consulting rooms which ensure waiting times are reduced. We have a fully equipped surgery which allows all types of small animal surgery to be completed, including soft tissue and orthopaedics.
Our surgery has all modern monitoring equipment ensuring the best possible care is given to your pet at all times. We also offer in-house imaging facilities including X-Ray, ultrasound and endoscopy.
Considering the current Coronavirus situation we would like to notify the public that at this point in time we are remaining open and fully functional.
We would like to reassure our clients that we are continuing our high standards of disinfection and cleanliness as well as ensuring alcohol based hand sanitiser is available for clients to use when they come to visit the practice.
We have implemented some new protocols at our clinic to help curb the spread of the Coronavirus and to help keep our staff and clients safe.
We ask that the public do take these safety protocols SERIOUSLY and work along side us to help do our part for the community.
- We are trying to minimize the number of people in our waiting room, therefore only allowing a maximum of 3 people in reception.
- We have placed some marking tape inside the clinic for clients to stand behind. This will help to keep the distance between people and help prevent the spread of any germs.
- We ask that only one person per animal enter the clinic (where possible)
- We are currently still accepting cash payments but do prefer card payments where possible
- If you are unwell at all or have been out of the country in the last 14 days please keep away from the clinic. If you have an urgent matter please call us to discuss options
Please remember we are only trying to do our part for our community and staff to help keep everyone safe during these tough times.